Workforce development and training
Acute Training Solutions works with Councils and Social Service bodies across the UK to facilitate the training of all new carers to The Care Certificate. This is done by delivering a robust e-learning induction programme to clients that is managed from one centrally run council account. This gives organisations control over spend and staff allocation, whilst having full access to reporting and record keeping, all while enhancing the skills and knowledge of care workers for your community.
Our e-learning programme is based on the Care Certificate workbook, which was developed by Health Education England, Skills for Care and Skills for Health. It is CPD accredited and provided by a Skills for Care Endorsed Provider.
Flexible staff training
All our e-learning courses are accessible 24/7, enabling health care professionals to study when it suits them, be it around their schedules or shift patterns. There are no barriers to entry for our Care Certificate course and is therefore suitable for care staff of all levels.
What is the Care Certificate?
Developed as part of the response from The Cavendish review, The Care Certificate was launched in 2015 as a framework to ensure that all care and support workers have the same introductory skills, knowledge and behaviours to provide compassionate, safe and high-quality care, in their workplace settings.
It is the responsibility of the employer to ensure that all staff, including new staff, meet the fifteen Care Certificate standards. If you’d like to discuss how Acute Training Solutions can support your organisation in the training of your staff, please contact us.
Care Certificate Standards
- Standard 1: Understand Your Role
- Standard 2: Your Personal Development
- Standard 3: Duty of Care
- Standard 4: Equality and Diversity
- Standard 5: Work in a Person Centred Way
- Standard 6: Communication
- Standard 7: Privacy and Dignity
- Standard 8: Fluids and Nutrition
- Standard 9: Awareness of Mental Health, Dementia and Learning Disability
- Standard 10: Safeguarding Adults
- Standard 11: Safeguarding Children
- Standard 12: Basic Life Support
- Standard 13: Health and Safety
- Standard 14: Handling Information
- Standard 15: Infection Prevention and Control
Supporting councils and social service providers
Acute Training Solutions works with Councils and Social Service bodies across the UK to facilitate the training of all new carers to The Care Certificate. This done by delivering a robust e-learning induction programme to clients that is managed from one centrally run council account. Benefits of our e-learning platform include:
- Single account created for council administrator;
- Create user profiles for learners;
- Assign purchased credits and enrol learners onto chosen topics;
- Access to learner certificates and records of completion; and
- Recap/refresher sessions can be accessed for 365 days.
Cost effective e-learning
All courses are one credit per person, with our entry level pricing structured at £7.95 + VAT per credit.
There can be high levels of demand on councils and local authorities to provide training options to the people in their district. To assist in the affordability for Councils with high demand for credits, we can arrange a discount structure during the set up process of the e-learning account. For further information, please contact us.