On completion of this Blood Glucose Monitoring training course participants will be able to identify the signs of irregular blood glucose levels, test patient’s levels of blood glucose and how to manage it effectively.
Please note: A competency framework is included in this training. Competency is achieved in the workplace following the training. Each procedure needs to be signed off by a qualified, senior member of staff. The completed document can then be used to identify the individuals’ competence.
The syllabus covers such topics as:
- The difference between blood glucose and blood sugar levels?
- Signs and symptoms (adrenergic, glucagon and neuroglycopenic manifestations)
- How do you define normal and excessive blood glucose levels?
- Why do blood glucose levels need to be monitored and controlled?
- How do you test blood glucose levels?
- When should a blood glucose level be measured?
- What is an HbA1c test and how does it relate to blood glucose?
- Diabetes complications including nephropathy, neuropathy, retinopathy and cardiovascular diseases
- Managing irregular blood glucose levels (diet, activity, medication, etc)
- Insulin administration and blood testing (practical demonstrations/discussions)
- Legal aspects of giving or supervisions injections
- Max attendees: 15
- Course length: ½ day
- This course can be tailored to meet your specific requirements.
Acute Training Solutions strive to to deliver an engaging and informative learning experience in a safe and inclusive environment. All of our face-to-face training courses are carried out by experienced healthcare professionals, delivered at training centres across the UK.
Online training for individuals
Whilst Acute Training Solutions specialise in delivering healthcare training within organisations, we also offer two hour webinar workshops for individual healthcare professionals wishing to stay up-to-date on the latest procedures, legislation and best practice whilst aiding CPD and revalidation.
Run weekly, and covering a wide range of topics, our webinar workshops are delivered via Zoom by qualified trainers and can be completed in the comfort of your own home or workplace.
Make an enquiry
Acute Training Solutions can provide a tailored training to your organisation or team. To find out more about this course, please contact us on 029 20494 969 or complete the short online form below. A member of our team will be in touch right away.