The course aims to teach attendees how to recognise the signs and symptoms of diabetes and irregular blood glucose levels,
testing procedures, signs of complications, effective management techniques and ultimately to build knowledge and confidence in
staff when supporting and caring for those suffering from diabetes.
Please note: Competency is achieved using a competency framework in the workplace, following the training. Each procedure needs to be signed off by a qualified, senior member of staff as part of their personal development plan or supervision.
The syllabus covers such topics as:
- What is diabetes, including short term and long term effects
- Diet, exercise and weight management
- Medication, insulin administration and blood testing
- The difference between blood glucose and blood sugar levels?
- Signs and symptoms (adrenergic, glucagon and neuroglycopenic manifestations)
- How do you test blood glucose levels? Why do blood glucose levels need to be monitored and controlled?
- Diabetes complications including nephropathy, neuropathy, retinopathy and cardiovascular diseases
- Legal aspects of giving or supervising injections
- Monitoring and the impacts of diabetes
- Ensure staff within care, residential and nursing homes feel confident about managing clients with diabetes
- Applied practical workstation and simulated practical assessment
- Max attendees: 15
- Course length: ½ day
- This course can be tailored to meet your specific requirements.
Acute Training Solutions strive to to deliver an engaging and informative learning experience in a safe and inclusive environment. All of our face-to-face training courses are carried out by experienced healthcare professionals, delivered at training centres across the UK.
- Max attendees: 20
- Single session: 2.5 hours
Our webinar training courses are carried out by experienced healthcare professionals, delivered via Zoom. Practical elements of training are covered using video examples. Webinar training is an ideal tool towards CPD and Revalidation.
Online training for individuals
Whilst Acute Training Solutions specialise in delivering healthcare training within organisations, we also offer two hour webinar workshops for individual healthcare professionals wishing to stay up-to-date on the latest procedures, legislation and best practice whilst aiding CPD and revalidation.
Run weekly, and covering a wide range of topics, our webinar workshops are delivered via Zoom by qualified trainers and can be completed in the comfort of your own home or workplace.
Make an enquiry
Acute Training can provide a tailored healthcare training to your organisation or team. To find out more about this course, please contact us on 029 20494 969 or complete the short online form below. A member of our team will be in touch right away.