In the United Kingdom it is estimated that over 10,000 individuals will be tube fed in the community which is double the number in hospitals. Protocols and procedures for clinically qualified staff who are administering feeds & medications can also be included in the course, although competency must be assessed within the scope of the delegates own organisation’s policy guidelines. The applied practical workstation & simulated practical assessment can only be provided if the equipment is available on site.
Please note: A competency framework is included in this training. Competency is achieved in the workplace following the training. Each procedure needs to be signed off by a qualified, senior member of staff. The completed document can then be used to identify the individuals’ competence.
The syllabus covers such topics as:
- The purpose of enteral feeding
- Neurological conditions which may require enteral feeding
- Different types of enteral tubes
- Indications and contra indications of enteral feeding
- The care of naso gastric tube and implementing balloon gastrostomy
- The procedures for feeding and administering medications via enteral tubes
- Recognising, dealing with and reporting complications
- The care and maintenance of enteral feeding tubes
- Procedures for effective mouth care
- Competency framework
- Documentation and record keeping.
- Max attendees: 15
- Course length: ½ day
- This course can be tailored to meet your specific requirements.
Acute Training Solutions strive to to deliver an engaging and informative learning experience in a safe and inclusive environment. All of our face-to-face training courses are carried out by experienced healthcare professionals, delivered at training centres across the UK.
- Max attendees: 20
- Single session: 4 hours
Our webinar training courses are carried out by experienced healthcare professionals, delivered via Zoom. Practical elements of training are covered using video examples. Webinar training is an ideal tool towards CPD and Revalidation.
Online training for individuals
Whilst Acute Training Solutions specialise in delivering healthcare training within organisations, we also offer two hour webinar workshops for individual healthcare professionals wishing to stay up-to-date on the latest procedures, legislation and best practice whilst aiding CPD and revalidation.
Run weekly, and covering a wide range of topics, our webinar workshops are delivered via Zoom by qualified trainers and can be completed in the comfort of your own home or workplace.
Make an enquiry
Acute Training Solutions can provide a tailored online training to your organisation or team. To find out more about this course, please contact us on 029 2049 4969 or complete the short online form below. A member of our team will be in touch right away.