This Palliative Care training course is designed for people new to this field or as a refresher. This should be viewed as an overview as palliative care is a diverse topic with many factors dependent to the patients specific needs. This course allows people to discuss their own feelings/experiences of dealing with a life limiting illness.
The syllabus covers such topics as:
- Legislation and agreed ways of working
- Communication skills
- Factors affecting end of life care
- Importance of care planning in relation to end of life
- Skin care, mouth care and the importance of nutrition
- Simple ways to help alleviate pain by correct positioning and some of the common symptoms encountered
- The basics of loss and bereavement for the families and the patient
- Organisation and support available to individuals and key people in relation to end of life
- How to address sensitive issues including spiritual issues
- What they might see in the last 48hrs of life and support individuals through the process of dying
- Managing and dealing with their own feelings/staff support
- Max attendees: 15
- Course length: 1 day
- This course can be tailored to meet your specific requirements.
Our webinar training courses are carried out by experienced healthcare professionals, delivered via Zoom. Practical elements of training are covered using video examples. Webinar training is an ideal tool towards CPD and Revalidation.
- Max attendees: 20
- Single session: 2½ hours
Acute Training Solutions strive to to deliver an engaging and informative learning experience in a safe and inclusive environment. All of our face-to-face training courses are carried out by experienced healthcare professionals, delivered at training centres across the UK.
Online training for individuals
Whilst Acute Training Solutions specialise in delivering healthcare training within organisations, we also offer two hour webinar workshops for individual healthcare professionals wishing to stay up-to-date on the latest procedures, legislation and best practice whilst aiding CPD and revalidation.
Run weekly, and covering a wide range of topics, our webinar workshops are delivered via Zoom by qualified trainers and can be completed in the comfort of your own home or workplace.
Make an enquiry
Acute Training can provide a tailored CPD training to your organisation or team. To find out more about this course, please contact us on 029 20494 969 or complete the short online form below. A member of our team will be in touch right away.