The scheme has now been adopted as the standard for manual handling in Wales. An advantage of the scheme is that it enables carers to transfer their skills in moving and handling from one organisation/institution to another. The training programme is broken down into modular sections to allow for flexibility in its delivery and in the appropriateness of its contents to those being trained.
PLEASE NOTE: The practical equipment (bed & hoist) are essential to this training and will need to be made available for delegate use during this course.
The syllabus covers such topics as:
- Musculo-skeletal injuries
- Principles of safer handling
- Prevention of musculo-skeletal injuries
- Principles of team handling
- Current legislation
- Good communication
- Ergonomics and risk assessment
- Unsafe patient handling
- Principles of safer handling of inanimate loads
- Inanimate load risk assessment
- The importance of good posture and the application of ergonomics in the workplace, including driving
- Principles of safer handling of patients/clients
- Patient/client handling risk assessment
- Principles of using slide sheets
- Principles of working at bed height
- Principles of using hoists, types, selection and safety
- Guidelines on sling selection
Who is this course for?
We can deliver this training inhouse to a maximum of 8 delegates. For further information, please contact us using the online form below.
In addition to inhouse training, we also run face to face workshops for individuals looking to attend this training topic. Please see below for more information and upcoming workshop dates.
Our next workshop open dates
This is a 2 day course and will include assignments.
- Dates: 6th & 7th September 2023
- Times: 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Location: Unit 12A St Theodores Way Brynmenyn Ind Est Brynmenyn Bridgend CF32 9TZ
- Number of Delegates: Max 12
Price per person: £195+VAT
- Max attendees: 12
- Course length: 2 days
Acute Training Solutions strive to deliver an engaging and informative learning experience in a safe and inclusive environment. All of our face-to-face training courses are carried out by experienced healthcare professionals, delivered at training centres across the UK.
Make an enquiry
Acute Training can provide a tailored online training to your organisation or team. To find out more about this course, please contact us on 029 20494 969 or complete the short online form below. A member of our team will be in touch right away.