Employers and employees both benefit from having a recognised training standard that can be transferred to new departments and other organisations. The practical equipment (bed and hoist) are essential to this training and will need to be made available for delegates use during this course.
The All Wales Manual Handling Passport Scheme Train the Trainer is a 4 day training course. The training prerequisites are that the individual has attended an AWMHPS (2 day) course prior to the Train The Trainer course. Previous teaching experience is desirable, a teaching qualification is highly beneficial
Final assessment will consist of a presentation of theory, practice or demonstration on a chosen session. The syllabus covers such topics as:
- Qualities of a trainer and trainer charter
- Training assessment, aids and equipment
- What is manual handling?
- Legislation and accident statistics
- Discuss the working environment
- Deliver PASSPORT training to staff in house
- Be able to monitor manual handling tasks as they
are carried out
- Risk assessments and decisions related to manual
- Condemned lifting practices
- Pressure sores
- Principals of safer lifting and spinal awareness
- Base to face
- Module A – practice
- Module B – practice
- 10 minute presentation
- Module C – practice
- Module D – practice
- Module E – practice
- Module F – practice
- Recap, time for covering any more practical
- Practical assessment
Who is this course for?
We can deliver this training inhouse to a maximum of 8 delegates. For further information, please contact us using the online form below.
In addition to inhouse training, we also run face to face workshops for individuals looking to attend this training topic. Please see below for more information and upcoming workshop dates.
Our next workshop open dates
This 4 day course is split over 2 weeks and will include assignments.
- Dates: 09 & 10 and 16 & 17 November 2023
- Times: 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Location: Unit 12A St Theodores Way Brynmenyn Ind Est Brynmenyn Bridgend CF32 9TZ
- Number of Delegates: Max 8
Price per person: £595+VAT
- Max attendees: 8
- Course length: 4 days
Acute Training Solutions strive to deliver an engaging and informative learning experience in a safe and inclusive environment. All of our face-to-face training courses are carried out by experienced healthcare professionals, delivered at training centres across the UK.