The syllabus of this Basic Life Support training course follows the guidelines of the Resuscitation Council (UK) and includes the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) and the DRABC approach to resuscitation.
The syllabus covers such topics as:
- An overview of the legal requirements
- Managing an incident and prioritising (primary and secondary assessment)
- Cardio pulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillators (AED)
- The recovery position and airway management
- Administer first aid to an unconscious casualty
- Principles of resuscitation
- Applied practical workstation and simulated practical assessment
- Max attendees: 15
- Course length: ½ day
- This course can be tailored to meet your specific requirements.
Acute Training Solutions strive to to deliver an engaging and informative learning experience in a safe and inclusive environment. All of our face-to-face training courses are carried out by experienced healthcare professionals, delivered at training centres across the UK.
Online training for individuals
Whilst Acute Training Solutions specialise in delivering healthcare training within organisations, we also offer two hour webinar workshops for individual healthcare professionals wishing to stay up-to-date on the latest procedures, legislation and best practice whilst aiding CPD and revalidation.
Run weekly, and covering a wide range of topics, our webinar workshops are delivered via Zoom by qualified trainers and can be completed in the comfort of your own home or workplace.
Make an enquiry
Acute Training can provide a tailored online training to your organisation or team. To find out more about this course, please contact us on 029 20494 969 or complete the short online form below. A member of our team will be in touch right away.