The syllabus of this Fall Prevention & Management Training course covers such topics as:
- Actions to reduce or prevent falls
- How to act safely around the falling client
- Identifying the causes of falls in the elderly
- Physical/medical and mental health conditions which may be related to falls
- To consider why falls prevention is so important throughout the health and social care sectors
- Accurate care planning and reporting of all falls and near misses
- To be aware of the most vulnerable/high risk individuals within primary care settings
- To be aware of how the aging process makes individuals more vulnerable to falling (to incl. osteoporosis and fractures)
- To consider how risk factors may be reduced for our clients/patients: including the value of health promotion, good nutrition, hydration and exercise, safe environment and regular review can lead to “preventing a fall”
Face to Face Training
- Max attendees: 15
- Course length: ½ day
This course can be tailored to meet your specific requirements.
Make an enquiry
To make a booking – or for further course details – please contact us on telephone: 029 20 494969. You can also write to us for more information about all of our healthcare training courses.