This Ligature awareness training course will also increases participant’s awareness and knowledge of ligature cutter use and techniques and emergency responses to incidents of self-strangulation / hanging.
A range of training methods are used in this course including tutor lead presentation, group discussion, small and large group practical activities and role-plays. The participants will be encouraged to make use of examples from their work and this will be done in keeping with strict confidentiality and anonymity of service users.
The syllabus covers such topics as:
- Share key messages from the Organisational Policy
- Management of the ligatured person
- Consider Risk Assessment and Deprivation of Liberty issues
- What actions to take when a person has suspended themselves for strangulation
- Signs and symptoms of ligature injuries
- Use of the ligature knife (demonstration and practical exercise) including:
- Understand procedure for the safe use of ligature cutters
- Safe removal from Suspension
- Safe storage of ligature cutters
- Implementing control measures
- Understand procedure for storage, disposal and replacement/repair of ligature cutters.
- Max attendees: 15
- Course length: 1 day
- This course can be tailored to meet your specific requirements.
Acute Training Solutions strive to to deliver an engaging and informative learning experience in a safe and inclusive environment. All of our face-to-face training courses are carried out by experienced healthcare professionals, delivered at training centres across the UK.
Online training for individuals
Whilst Acute Training Solutions specialise in delivering healthcare training within organisations, we also offer two hour webinar workshops for individual healthcare professionals wishing to stay up-to-date on the latest procedures, legislation and best practice whilst aiding CPD and revalidation.
Run weekly, and covering a wide range of topics, our webinar workshops are delivered via Zoom by qualified trainers and can be completed in the comfort of your own home or workplace.
Make an enquiry
Acute Training can provide a tailored training to your organisation or team. To find out more about this course, please contact us on 029 20494 969 or complete the short online form below. A member of our team will be in touch right away.