It will give you the tools needed to identify trigger points & defuse possible violent & aggressive situation and to use breakaway techniques if required. This Mental Health Training course can be tailored to the requirements of the staff and nature of service users. eg. hospital, care home or childcare setting.
The syllabus covers such topics as:
- How legislation, frameworks, codes of practice and policies relate to PBM
- Development of knowledge and skills to promote personal safety and promote positive behaviour
- What underpins challenging behaviour and the use of proactive and reactive strategies
- Challenging behaviour within the context of life and experience
- How the environment can contribute to challenging behaviour
- Environmental changes that assist in the management of challenging behaviour
- Responding appropriately to incidents of challenging behaviour
- The psychological and physiological impact of aggression on all involved
- Understanding the aftermath of challenging behaviour and the importance of maintaining a safe and secure environment for all
- Reviewing and revising approaches to promoting positive behaviour.
- Max attendees: 15
- Course length: 1 day
- This course can be tailored to meet your specific requirements.
Acute Training Solutions strive to to deliver an engaging and informative learning experience in a safe and inclusive environment. All of our face-to-face training courses are carried out by experienced healthcare professionals, delivered at training centres across the UK.
Online training for individuals
Whilst Acute Training Solutions specialise in delivering healthcare training within organisations, we also offer two hour webinar workshops for individual healthcare professionals wishing to stay up-to-date on the latest procedures, legislation and best practice whilst aiding CPD and revalidation.
Run weekly, and covering a wide range of topics, our webinar workshops are delivered via Zoom by qualified trainers and can be completed in the comfort of your own home or workplace.
Make an enquiry
Acute Training Solutions can provide a tailored training to your organisation or team. To find out more about this course, please contact us on 029 20494 969 or complete the short online form below. A member of our team will be in touch right away.